Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Meeting...First Jitters...First Day Tomorrow

OK, so I managed to survive a 6.5 hour plane ride, meet tons of relatives I never knew existed, and survived the Seattle tourist sites for a day.

And so it begins...

5PM: First time meeting all the riders. There are two middle aged couples who have done the ride before and loved it so much, they decided to do it again. That's a pretty good sign that this is going to be an awesome trip.

Oh, and Rachel, Letty, and I aren't going to be the only silly college kids on the ride. There are four fellow collegiates and one collegiate on staff. I'm hoping that will ensure less "Oh, those silly girls again" comments.

First meeting and other riders already labeled me as one of the "personalities" aka troublemakers. That comes when you have a very small filter from your head to your mouth. I'm one of those cursed people. One of the riders asked about bathroom stops along the way. The leader explained there are going to be long stretches in the Midwest where no facilities will be available, and we will simply use the side of the road. I simply asked if the farmers were appreciative of our "natural fertilizer" and was labled the clown. I still think it's a legitimate question.

Tomorrow is a 77 mile ride east from Seattle to Easton, Washington. It is apparently a pretty "easy ride" for the first 60 miles, but then I nice 15 mile climb through the Cascades. No biggie, right? Umm...considering I saw snow on the mountaintops when I flew in yesterday, I'm hoping a positive spirit will push me through a cold, hard, hilly ride. Lord, please help us all finish this ride.

On that note, I think it is time for me to head off to bed. I do have to get up at 5:30 in the morning and all.

Good nite to all...WISH ME LUCK!

No comments: